Monday, May 17, 2010

An act of God.


    Jules: Man, I just been sitting here thinking.
    Vincent: About what?
    Jules: About the miracle we just witnessed.
    Vincent: The miracle you witnessed. I witnessed a freak occurrence.
    Jules: What is a miracle, Vincent?
    Vincent: An act of God.
    Jules: And what's an act of God?
    Vincent: When, um … God makes the impossible possible … but this morning I don't think it qualifies.
    Jules: Hey, Vincent, don't you see? That shit don't matter. You're judging this shit the wrong way. I mean, it could be that God stopped the bullets, or He changed Coke to Pepsi, He found my fucking car keys. You don't judge shit like this based on merit. Now, whether or not what we experienced was an "according to Hoyle" miracle is insignificant. What is significant is that I felt the touch of God. God got involved.
    Vincent: But why?
    Jules: Well, that's what's fucking with me. I don't know why, but I can't go back to sleep.
    Vincent: You serious? You're really thinking about quitting?
    Jules: The life?
    Vincent: Yeah.
    Jules: Most definitely.
    Vincent: Oh, fuck. What'cha gonna do, man?
    Jules: Well, that's what I've been sitting here contemplating. First, I'm going to deliver this case to Marcellus, then, basically, I'm just going to walk the Earth.
    Vincent: What'cha mean, "walk the earth"?
    Jules: You know, like Caine in Kung Fu, walk from place to place, meet people, get into adventures.
    Vincent: And how long do you intend to walk the earth?
    Jules: Until God puts me where he wants me to be.
    Vincent: And what if he don't do that?
    Jules: If it takes forever, then I'll walk forever.
    Vincent: So you decided to be a bum?
    Jules: I'll just be Jules, Vincent – no more, no less.Source URL: https://logoswallpapers.blogspot.com/2010/05/act-of-god.html
    Visit Logos Wallpapers for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection


Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive