Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ancient Mariner Vs. Albatross



    At length did cross an Albatross,
    Thorough the fog it came;
    As if it had been a Christian soul,
    We hailed it in God's name.
    It ate the food it ne'er had eat,
    And round and round it flew.
    The ice did split with a thunder-fit;
    The helmsman steered us through!

    And a good south wind sprung up behind;
    The Albatross did follow,
    And every day, for food or play,
    Came to the mariners' hollo!
    In mist or cloud, on mast or shroud,
    It perched for vespers nine;

    Whiles all the night, through fog-smoke white,
    Glimmered the white moon-shine
    "God save thee, ancient Mariner!
    From the fiends, that plague thee thus!—
    Why look'st thou so?"--"With my cross-bow
    I shot the Albatross.

    And I had done a hellish thing,
    And it would work 'em woe:
    For all averred, I had killed the bird
    That made the breeze to blow.
    Ah wretch! said they, the bird to slay
    That made the breeze to blow!

    Ah! well-a-day! what evil looks
    Had I from old and young!
    Instead of the cross, the Albatross
    About my neck was hung.

    Source URL: https://logoswallpapers.blogspot.com/2010/08/ancient-mariner-vs-albatross.html
    Visit Logos Wallpapers for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection


Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive